SF Open Studios Program Intern
The SF Open Studios Intern will work with ArtSpan’s Programs Assistant, Program Coordinator, and Program Director to assist with all aspects of the SF Open Studios program, registration, and associated events. This is a great opportunity to learn about the inner-workings of a small non-profit arts organization, to gain first-hand experience with large-scale event management, and to get involved with the local arts community. The intern will garner valuable skills related to arts programing, marketing and promotion, data management, communications, and client relations.
Summer Internship: 3-4 months starting August or September 2018; 2 days per week (roughly 10 hours) as needed. Preference will be given to interns who are available Monday - Friday during business hours, 10am-6pm. Some evening hours will be requested and scheduled as needed in advance.
Tasks may include:
- Provide support for artists registering for SF Open Studios (including answering questions by phone, email, in person) and tracking special needs.
- Enter data for SF Open Studios artists online in ArtSpan.org and in Civi CRM database.
- Edit artwork images as needed for SF Open Studios Guide (JPEG to TIFF in Photoshop).
- Assist artists with updates to their online portfolios, uploading/cropping images etc.
- Assist with community outreach and managing distribution points for delivery of Guides.
- Assist with the planning of the SF Open Studios Exhibition, receipt of artwork, and installation.
- Support staff at ArtSpan events, including Artist Receptions, Workshops, Mixers, ArtLaunch, and the SFOS Exhibition.
- Work with and manage volunteers as needed.
- Fill-in for SFOS Gallery Representative shifts when needed.
- Act as positive steward of ArtSpan's mission and programs to the community at large when attending ArtSpan-related off-site events and activities.
- Background in community arts or transferable experience working to produce events.
- Precise and efficient data entry.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and Google Documents.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and to work in a small office environment.
- Good sense of humor.
Unpaid Internship. Non-monetary benefits include entry to arts events and artist workshops, team building activities, intern appreciation events, and access to a community of local artists.
Allison Snopek, Program Director
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “SF Open Studios Intern Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Arts Administration and Events Intern
ArtSpan seeks an intern who is interested in learning about the inner-workings of a non-profit arts organization. This position supports the Program Director and other ArtSpan Staff with day-to-day operations and office duties. Projects may include:
- Assist with membership programming and community outreach
- Assist with exhibitions and events preparation, facilitation and follow-up documentation
- Attend events and installations as on-site support and ArtSpan advocate
- Office and administrative support as needed
Three month internship with potential for growth; 2 days per week as needed (flexible), with some after-hours/weekend events (Mixers, Workshops, Exhibition Events, Art Auction, etc.). ArtSpan office hours are M-F, 10am-6pm.
Tasks May include:
- Data entry, mailings, filing; general administrative tasks
- Manage incoming communications via phone and email
- Support artists, volunteers and members at events and trainings
- Assist with exhibition management and installations
- Manage office organizational projects
- Recruit artist and supporter members at public engagement events
- Other duties as needed
- Recent college graduate, degree-seeking student, or professional looking for experience in arts non-profit work
- Computer and Internet literate
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with databases, ability to learn FileMaker Pro
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work in a small office environment
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of San Francisco visual arts community preferred
Unpaid internship; non-monetary benefits include complimentary admission to ArtSpan openings and events, in-depth experience working in the non-profit field.
Allison Snopek, Program Director
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Arts Administration and Events Intern Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
ArtSpan hires staff without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sex, national origin or ancestry, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, marital status, registered domestic partner status, or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in volunteering, click here!