Arts Administration and Events Intern
Three month internship with potential for growth; 2 days per week as needed (flexible), with some after-hours/weekend events (Mixers, Workshops, Exhibition Events, Art Auction, etc.). ArtSpan office hours are M-F, 10am-6pm.
ArtSpan seeks an intern who is interested in learning about the inner-workings of a non-profit arts organization. This position supports the Programs Manager and the Development Department to manage day-to-day operations and office duties. Projects may include:
- Assist with membership programming and community outreach
- Assist with exhibitions and events preparation, facilitation and follow-up documentation
- Attend events and installations as on-site support and ArtSpan advocate
- Office and administrative support as needed by the Programs Coordinator and Assistant Director
- Data entry, mailings, filing; general administrative tasks
- Answer phones, making calls to artists, prospective clients, and community partners
- Support artists, volunteers and members at events and trainings
- Assist with exhibition management and installations
- Manage office organizational projects
- Support the ArtSpan Art Auction preparation and event (date: Saturday, March 26th)
- Recruit artist and supporter members at public engagement events (CCA Career Fair: Friday, February 26th)
- Other duties as needed
- Recent college graduate, degree-seeking student, or professional looking for experience in arts non-profit work
- Computer and Internet literate
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with databases, ability to learn FileMaker Pro
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and work in small spaces
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of San Francisco visual arts community preferred
Unpaid internship; non-monetary benefits include complimentary admission to ArtSpan openings and events, in-depth experience working in the non-profit field.
Allison Snopek, Programs Manager, and other ArtSpan staff.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Arts Administration and Events Intern Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
ArtSpan hires staff without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sex, national origin or ancestry, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, marital status, registered domestic partner status, or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in volunteering, click here!