The SF Travel Association plays an active role in the local arts community while promoting the city worldwide as a premier cultural destination. The theme for this 6-month exhibition at the SF Travel Association offices is Diversity, featuring artwork in a variety of mediums with unusual and/or experimental materials and techniques. Curated by: Jill Manthei
Artwork by these 2012-2013 SF Open Studios Artists and current ArtSpan Basic Artist Members will be hung in the office, conference and meeting rooms, and hallways of the SF Travel Association from June 7-December 6, 2013:
- Steven Allen
- Johnny Botts
- Elvira Dayel-Kogan
- Jeremy Joven
- Carol Koffel
- Erin K. Malone
- Robbin Milne
- Jeffrey Nemeroff
- Annie O’Dorisio
- Dennis Potter
- Irene Schlesinger
- Clark Swarthout
Though it is not a public venue, the artwork selected for this 6-month exhibition will be viewed by SF Travel employees, members, community partners, and prominent visitors. The audience includes San Francisco business owners, hospitality directors, gallery and museum employees, and marketing managers who meet in the space on a monthly basis.
SF Open Studios Exhibition
The SF Open Studios Exhibition at SOMArts Cultural Center showcases over 400 artists' work during the month of October, organized by SF Open Studios weekend and neighborhood. Hung salon-style, the artwork is a preview of what you will discover when visiting studios on the upcoming weekends. Grab a Guide, mark your favorites artists, and start on your own self-guided art adventure!
- ArtLaunch, the kick-off fund-raising event for SF Open Studios is held in the SF Open Studios Exhibition, featuring an open bar, catered hors d'oeuvres, and festive music! Tickets are sold online for the VIP portion of the event from 5:30-7:00pm, featuring open bar, catered hors d'oeuvres, live music, a swag bag, and screen printing demo! From 7:00-10:00pm, doors will open to the public, featuring a no-host bar and food trucks. The date of ArtLaunch 2013 will be announced shortly.
Artwork by ArtSpan member artists will be exhibited at ArtPadSF during the Art Fair Week in San Francisco, May 16-19, 2013. The Selections 2013 exhibition elevates artists from the San Francisco Open Studios circle and into a more visible place of honor. Because success as a professional artist relies on opportunities to be recognized as exceptional, ArtSpan produces the exhibition as a vehicle to launch emerging artists’ careers as well as nurture established artists by presenting their work to a distinguished panel of art professionals.
This year, artists were juried by notable Bay Area collectors and curators who will select work from up to five artists to be displayed at this prestigious San Francisco event:
- Marjory Graue: Collector; President, Graue Family Foundation; Member, Artadia Board of Directors
- Kathy Meadowcroft: Collector; Member, Artadia Board of Directors
- Katie Hood Morgan: Independent Curator; Exhibitions Manager, San Francisco Art Institute
- Marianna Stark: Collector; Board Member, Berkeley Art Center; ArtSpan Audience Development Chair
ArtPadSF at the iconic Phoenix Hotel is a provocative 21st century boutique art fair that focuses on emerging and contemporary art from the Bay Area and beyond. Partnered with San Francisco’s world-renowned arts institutions, galleries, and artists, ArtPadSF is a crossroads for the creative and an unparalleled marketplace for art. The 2013 opening night preview on May 16th, benefits the SFMOMA SECA program (Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art) with an evening of public programs by renowned SFMOMA associate curator, Frank Smigiel.